In recent years, compared to cement and reinforced concrete buildings, anti-corrosion wood engineering (anti-corrosion wooden houses/pavilions) has become increasingly popular among the public due to its exquisite and elegant nature, environmental protection, and other characteristics, especially in some outdoor horticultural landscapes. Generally speaking, Jinan anti-corrosion wood projects can last for more than 50 years, but their service life in real life is far from that long. Why is this?
Why is the service life of the anti-corrosion wooden pavilion not long?
1. The quality of anti-corrosion wood is not up to standard. When purchasing anti-corrosion wood, it is necessary to carefully check whether the color of the anti-corrosion wood is uniform, whether the surface is cracked/deformed, how the smoothness is, the product specifications, and the authenticity of the inspection certificate, to avoid some unscrupulous merchants from counterfeiting unqualified anti-corrosion wood into qualified ones.
2. Installation is not standardized. In the construction of the anti-corrosion wooden house pavilion, there are also many precautions, such as leaving expansion joint, which can effectively prevent water accumulation in rainy days and the expansion of anti-corrosion wood; Use stainless steel hardware to enhance firmness; After installation, remember to apply outdoor protective paint to enhance waterproof and anti fouling performance.
3. Inadequate maintenance and upkeep. Corrosion-resistant wooden houses and pavilions are always subject to wind and sun exposure, which requires us to do a good job in maintenance and upkeep in the later stage.
How should anti-corrosion wooden houses and pavilions be maintained?
1. Regularly clean the roof. A major problem with many anti-corrosion wooden houses and pavilions is that they are exposed, and leaves and debris are prone to appear on the wooden roof. If not cleaned in a timely manner, the accumulated moisture on the roof during rain is not easy to air dry. Over time, it can damage the wooden roof.
2. Paint every 1-2 years. If the anti-corrosion wood was not coated with color paint at that time, it should be directly coated with varnish (varnish). If the color becomes old with age, it can be considered to apply some color paint. Painting is equivalent to putting a protective layer on the wooden pavilion, which can effectively prevent damage from ultraviolet radiation and water vapor, and avoid wood warping, deformation, cracking, and other situations.
3. Insect and ant inspection. Usually, if there are many insects and ants around the wooden house pavilion, anti-corrosion wood with insect and ant resistance will be selected in the early stages of construction, and relevant chemicals and solutions will be used to achieve the goal of insect prevention. But after the anti-corrosion wooden pavilion is built, we also need to regularly check to see if there is any problem of insect and ant erosion, otherwise it may appear good on the surface, but the inside is already empty, and it may collapse one day.
If you are not very familiar with the selection and maintenance of anti-corrosion wood, please feel free to consult us. Our company http://www.exoticburlwood.com We are a professional anti-corrosion wood manufacturer, mainly engaged in various anti-corrosion wood projects in Jinan, such as anti-corrosion wooden houses and pavilions, anti-corrosion wooden flower racks, anti-corrosion wooden corridor frames, etc. We welcome everyone to come and purchase.